As I introduced in the previous part, there are 5 common types of web hosting service. That post also mentioned 3 among these web hosting services. In this post, I continue indicating the 2 left web hosting services. Keep reading to know!
4. DEDICATED SERVER
Dedicated Server is considered a premium option for large websites or needs more resources than VPS. Dedicated Server means renting a private server located in the system. How to use it can be called similar to VPS but you will have more rights, more resources and of course better security. Dedicated Server administration is via IPIM and KVM. Currently, the price of a Dedicated Server is usually at least about $ 100 / month and even the highest can be up to several thousand US dollars.
Except for the expensive price, Dedicated Servers are a good choice for large websites.
ADVANTAGES OF DEDICATED SERVER:
– Withstand huge amounts of traffic in time.
– Abundant usage resources.
– Install arbitrary operating systems and software as you like.
– Maximum security.
DISADVANTAGES OF DEDICATED SERVER:
– Non-professionals will be very difficult to use.
– Customers will self-manage the server if the rental price is sometimes equal to half the server rental price.
– Be responsible for your data.
– Expensive price.
5. CLOUD HOSTING
Cloud hosting is a type of hosting using cloud computing technology – Cloud Computing. That is, a multi-server network is gathered into a cloud network and allows users to access it at the same time. More precisely, that is, many computers gather and provide resources to users.
Cloud Hosting improves the disadvantages of VPS and Dedicated Server.
Cloud hosting is a new web hosting model that has been widely used in recent years, this model meets some disadvantages of VPS and Dedicated Server as well as improving the performance of many times. Currently, most of Cloud hosting models are applied to creating Cloud VPS or Cloud Dedicated Server. Pricing for Cloud hosting ranges from $ 5 to $ 500 per month.
ADVANTAGES OF CLOUD HOSTING:
– Use more resources.
– Cost savings.
– Server initialization time for customers is fast and can be fully automatic.
– Users can delete if not used anymore.
– Has full admin rights, such as VPS or Dedicated Server.
– Support multiple data centers across continents.
DISADVANTAGES OF CLOUD HOSTING:
– Service if cumulative management costs should be a bit high.
– Not for the newbie.
– Dependent on the cloud network, if it’s offline then the user is offline.
– Difficult to get optimal support because the system is too large, technicians take a lot of time to conduct support.